background

7.04.2011

Faith

So I don't have much for you today but I do want to share this with you.



Lately I have been noticing that sometimes I seem to put earthly things before my faith. I do not do it on purpose it is human nature to make mistakes but I am trying to become stronger with my faith.




Colossians 3:2 says "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." It is so difficult sometimes to keep reminding ourselves that we need to not focus on worldly things but rather spread Gods word to others. I am constantly trying to do this. Last semester some friends and I started a bible study group and it was awesome. I truly looked forward to it each week, it was so much fun to get together and hear everyone's perspective. We would each take turns teaching the study each week. One of the times that I lead the group I did it on the book of Job. The book of Job is one of my favorite books of the bible.



Each day I am trying to become closer with God everyday and  I hope that we are able to restart our bible study this coming up semester!



Sorry this post was so short but at least you were able to see into my mind. Happy 4th of July!!!





Truths of the Day:
  • Approximately on-third of the population can't snap their fingers
  • The number of births that occur in India each year is higher than the entire population of Australia
  • The period between midnight and dawn is the best time to look for shooting stars. On a normal night you can see between five and ten an hour. In a desert, you can see one every eight minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment