background

7.13.2011

Arrows Away

My parents have been in Michigan since last Friday. I always look forward to the summer time when they leave my brother and I home alone together. This is the perfect time for us to become closer as brother and sister. I mean we basically spend all of our time together. Like right now for example he is out with his friends and I am sitting in the kitchen blogging and entertaining all of you.




We don't really interact and we just hang out with our own friends. Obviously we are becoming much closer.




So my dad is always walking through house turning off every single light saying that we don't need to use lights because we need to save energy. This usually gets on my nerves but he would be very proud to know that my brother and I have bearly turned on any lights while we have been home. ( This is mainly because we aren't spending much time at home, but it sounds better to say that we are trying to save energy.)




CSX is doing a project called Tomorrow Moves Project  and all you have to do is click on the link and explain what you are doing to conserve energy and nature and they will donate money to the "Nature Conservancy." How cool is this. 





Truths of the Day:
  •  "Calico" is not a breed of cat, but rather a description of fur color. Most calicos are female, but occasionally a male kitten is born with an extra chromosome which allows him to sport calico fur. Unfortunately, that extra chromosome also renders him sterile
  • Until coffee gained popularity, beer was the breakfast beverage of choice in most urban areas of the United States
  • Horses cannot breathe through their mouth. If their nostrils become obstructed, they could suffocate

No comments:

Post a Comment