background

10.31.2011

"Your love's a gathered storm I chased across the sky"

Today was Halloween and it was a great day. Although nature was against Halloween this year, it rained all day, like hard core rain. The kind of rain that makes you look miserable. I don't usually enjoy dressing up for Halloween, mainly because I tend to look awkward. Which probably isn't too different from most days since I always seem to be in a hurry. But I managed to get a few decent photos of residents who dressed up in appropriate costumes. Appropriate as in not looking like a slut or like some strange thing that I can't tell what you are. Many people looked like they just took a glue shower then rolled around in their pile of dirty clothes. AKA, these people aren't blog worthy.


Anyway we still had the Halloween bash, and I have a few exciting photos to share. I must admit however that these pictures were taking with my phone, which is doesn't come with a classy camera. I like to think of myself as a photographer but in all reality I am using a lame phone. I do have a camera but it is constantly giving me attitude and after a long day living the life of a troubled/tired/stressed college student, the last thing I have energy for is a moody camera. Therefore you get phone camera pictures.



Basically speaks for itself, I must give credit to someone who dressed up as an actual character





Arts and craft table. We had very cute crafty things to do. This obviously interested me because I like to believe I am crazy crafty. Believe is the key word.







Face painting. Sorry for the blurriness






Adorable cupcake holders for the cake walk. I fell in love with these cutie-cakes.






Throw a dart, pop a balloon, get candy. Basically all we did tonight was hand out candy. But of course we can't just give people candy, we have make them work for it. Work for it by through darts at a board. You have to use your college education some how. It just makes us, staff, feel better that we don't just give them candy for no reason. I mean come on they are way to old to trick-or-treat, it is that time in life when you have to work for exciting things. So really us RA's are teaching the students a valuable lesson. You have to work to get rewards, such as chocolate or starburst.






Random resident, not exactly sure what or who he was trying to be, but I needed pictures. Pictures to allow you to feel like you were part of this experience, the experience that you probably weren't invited to.






Random guy once again






Oh Look, random guy has friends




Amazing fourth floor RA's!!







Two of my favorite people. Well three if you count me.  Kijhanique, Me, and Boyce.





I hope you were able to get a little taste of what you missed out on.



Truths of the Day:
  • The average US worker toils for two hours and 47 minutes of each working day just to pay income tax. Indeed, the average American pays more in taxes than for food, clothing, and shelter put together
  • Cow is a Japanese brand of shaving foam
  • Linen can absorb up to 20 times its weight in moisture before it feels damp

No comments:

Post a Comment