background

10.17.2011

"And when I stood there and I felt November chill, You crushed my heart and I really lost my will"

I truly hate those people in class who just seem to have no clue what is going on. The teacher can explain something in great detail and then that one person raises then hand and ask a million questions, about what the teacher has just explained.


They say ignorance is bliss but this article really does prove that fact. It is about Placebo Buttons, and I must give credit to my dad for making me aware of this. I had never really thought about it but after reading about it, it makes perfect sense.



Apparently there are buttons everywhere that just exist to make people happy. These buttons serve no real purpose. Like elevator buttons, the close door button. The close buttons don't close elevator doors in most elevators are just there since the Americans with Disabilities Act came about. It only works most of the time with key. AKA only workers with specials keys with special permission have access to this always needed button.



Another button is the crosswalk button. Most of them are disabled now but it would cost the city to much to take them out, so they stay in place just sitting there making us feel awesomely smart. The crosswalks are usually on a timer.



Please read this interesting article, mainly because I do not do a very good job of explaining anything, so read this to get the real scoop. Placebo Buttons



ABC news did an interesting video on the subject. Button Video


Confession: Even after reading all of this, I will still be pushing those buttons. Just FYI.


Truths of the Day:
  • October 1st is the official Coffee Day in Japan
  • Mickey Mouse is known as Topolino in Italy
  • One-third pound stalk of broccoli contains more vitamin C than 204 apples

No comments:

Post a Comment