background

10.19.2011

Big Brain= Facebook's Fault

Alright dedicated readers, these next few readings will be dedicated to my Writing for the Media class, as part of an assignment. I am so glad that we can use our own blog for this assignment. I was reading the news paper a few days ago (something I rarely do) and I came across this story: Big Brain due to Facebook



Check out the story


So now that you have read it (yes you must read to understand what I am about to say):


The basic idea is that the more facebook friends you have, the more social you are and certain areas of your brain are larger. The amygdala is area largley affected by this. It is interesting how your actual brain is affected by this however, certain areas become larger.  But let me just say that I do not have numerous amounts of facebook friends but I feel like a I am very social person. So this study must not work on all people. Also, I feel like a study to figure this out is deffinanlty unneeded. Obviously if you have over 500 friends, you are pretty social.



-E

No comments:

Post a Comment