background

11.09.2011

"You're never gonna break his heart so have some fun abuse it"

I am so sorry that this is my first blog in like 1000 days. 

Stress and I have been getting better acquainted this week, if that makes you any less made at me. There has been just so much major change going on in my life recently and I just keep praying I made the right decision. I know I am being very vague so here it is : I changed my major to Public Relations. I am still graduating at the same time as if I was still and Education major. This was not a light decision, I have been praying and asking God for guidance all summer/semester. I just fell out of love with Education, I don't know why it happened but it did. Trust me I was hoping to already be done with school, but I am so excited about my new future. With PR I basically get to talk A LOT and I get to prove that I am always right. 


"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" Isaiah 46:10


Besides making major life decisions, I kept on with my usually weekly activities, aka making a fool of myself. 

Example #1: I was an elevator with 5 other people, someone sneezed. Another person said "Bless You." For some reason I proceeded to say "Thanks." This then gave everyone the right to stare at me like I was crazy. 

Example #2: I slipped on a leaf outside in front of the entire world. 

Example #3: Thought a stranger was saying hi to me, nope, they were talking to the person behind me. But that didn't stop me from saying, hi, back to them. It was after they looked at me strangely that I realized they weren't talking to me



This list is actually pretty small for the week, but it is only Wednesday and I still have three days to make a fool of myself. I have gotten used to it although, it doesn't even faze me anymore. 



Monday was a great day because Stephanie Combs surprised me with a visit. Well she actually came to meet with her advisor but I feel more special when I say she came just to hang out with me for a few hours. So this helped make the week a little less stressful, although the fact that she gets to spend the next two weeks in Prague makes me jealous.




My friend, Savannah, showed this to me today. It is sort of cheesy but so true.



Also, be proud, my plants from September are still alive. I must be really good at this farming thing. Keeping two small plants alive and tending to an entire farm are basically the same thing right?




Truths of the Day:
  • Paper bags are outlawed in grocery stores in Afghanistan. They believe paper is sacred
  • Cinderella's slippers were originally made out of fur. The story was changed in the 1600's by a translator
  • Bumping foreheads with a hand shake is the traditional greeting in Tibet

No comments:

Post a Comment