background

6.26.2011

Sciophobia

Fear.


I am not afraid of too much except for deadly spiders, such as tiny house spiders that make cobwebs in the corners of ceilings or sometimes even the always deadly daddy long legs give me a fright sometimes. I don't spend my nights worrying about spiders but I will always refuse to kill them. Killing Innocent animals is not something that I believe in but I have no problem forcing my brother to kill a spider if I see one in my house. I am 100% maybe sure that if I kill a spider Karma will not be too happy with me and thousands of spiders might haunt m dreams. Which is why I have definitely woken my brother up in the middle of the night to kill the deadly demons.


According to Dictionary.com fear is

1. a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

2. a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights.
3. concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone's safety.
4. reverential awe, especially toward God
5. that which causes a feeling of being afraid; that of which a person is afraid: Cancer is a common fear.



Now of course my irrational fear of spiders is totally normal and acceptable, but this fear led me to do something that was in no way a waste of my time. I researched stupid random diagnosed phobias that people have.



Random and strange Phobias:

Aulophobia- Fear of flute
Basophobia or Basiphobia- Inability to stand. Fear of walking or falling
Bromidrosiphobia or Bromidrophobia- Fear of body smells
Cacophobia- Fear of ugliness.
Chronomentrophobia- Fear of clocks
Didaskaleinophobia- Fear of going to school
Domatophobia- Fear of houses or being in a house.(Eicophobia, Oikophobia)
Enetophobia- Fear of pins
Epistemophobia- Fear of knowledge
Geniophobia- Fear of chins
Hippophobia- Fear of horses
Linonophobia- Fear of string
Maniaphobia- Fear of insanity.
Meteorophobia- Fear of meteors
Octophobia - Fear of the figure 8
Pedophobia- Fear of children
Plutophobia- Fear of wealth
Sciophobia Sciaphobia- Fear of shadows.
Sophophobia- Fear of learning.
Symmetrophobia- Fear of symmetry
Thaasophobia- Fear of sitting.
Tyrannophobia- Fear of tyrants.
Zelophobia- Fear of jealousy



I hope that you have been able to find the clinical fear that describes your strangeness. This is the entire phobia list, PHOBIAS.


Once again my free time has paid off.



Truths of the Day:
  •  A hippo can run faster that an adult man
  • The fastest typist can type 211 words a min.
  • If you sleep in a cold room you are more likely to have a bad dream 
 
 
 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment