background

6.10.2011

Hot Air Graduation

So I am sure you know this but I used to love the show Arrested Development. Well actually I still do love it but the fact that it is no longer in production I have decided that I need to go by all three seasons.








This is National Geographic's picture of the day. I would love to take a hot air balloon ride someday!



Every year in Statesville at the airport NC has a hot air balloon festival, I am seriously thinking of going this year, who is with me!? Check the link: Hot Air Balloon Festival


 

I am so excited for my brother, he is graduating tomorrow! With my brother graduating from college tomorrow (I am so proud of him) I am reminded of this Tom Petty quote that my advisor freshmen year had framed in his office. It may be a little cheesy, but it is so true.

“You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So, stay out late. Go out on a Tuesday with your friends when you have a paper due Wednesday. Spend money you don't have. Drink 'til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does..."”



"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. " Romans 8:28



 Truths of the Day:
  • The microwave oven was invented by mistake when an engineer testing a magnetron tube noticed that the radiation from it melted the chocolate bar he had in his pocket.
  • "60 Minutes" on CBS is the only TV show to not have a theme song or music.
  • The Olympic flag's colors are always red, black, blue, green and yellow rings on a field of white. This is because at least one of those colors appears on the flag of every nation on the planet.


No comments:

Post a Comment