background

9.08.2011

"If I get one ray of sunlight to hold in my hands, Maybe we can be happy again"

It's the little things that make my day. Like an awesome text or someone being kind/amazing. Today was one of these awesome days.


  • I learned that Besh might be British if she started playing in the US open
  • I still have no idea how the scoring in tennis is played even though I ask Besh probably 30 times a day
  • Tomorrow is Friday
  • Sunday is two days away
  • I need to collect emails from my residents for housing purposes. But the nine left to get are the nine residents who never live here, it should be a fun evening tracking them down
  • This is fourth floor RA birthday week, fun times
  • I learned how to make a whale through iPhone texting only, sorry blackberry losers


Stephanie Combs sent me an awesome birthday package that consisted of the most adorable things. A really cute necklace, fun wall hanging, koozie ,  and other neatness you are jealous of.




I also got a homemade card from Katie Nelson. I love anything homemade. Another day maker. Even the envelope was highly decorated.



Yep, jealousy.




So tonight after a tiring and unfortuantly slightly boring training session, Nikki, Besh and I hit up the store to buy some necessities. Well Besh has been feeling a little blue lately but she finally was able to meet up with with life long and only friend.


She is taken, sorry boys. You will have to fight Snoopy for her.



I need to give a shout out to Nikki Wever (4th floor french exchange student) for the idea of a number. (she knows what I am referring to)





 This conversation sums up the friendship between Stephanie Combs and I.

Stephanie to Elizabeth -
 Hey, Ugly! When is the next weekend that you're free? Look at movies that sound good, foodidge that sounds good and save me a spot on your couch cuz I'm gonna visit SOON! :D I am busy this weekend but am free any one after!

Elizabeth Response- 
Okay smelly here is the deal, I will check my on duty schedule and I will try come up with a weekend in my busy life to allow you to come to this exciting town of Pembroke and hang with me. It will be like a second Christmas for you.

Stephanie Response-
You really will?! Oh please do! It would mean the wooooorld to me!!

Elizabeth Response-
Well I am not sure if I told you this but I am trying something new this semester: attempting to be nice to others in order to make their day. And you are the lucky first that I have decided to try and be sort of nice to. You are so welcome.

Stephanie Response-
I am crying with delight!

Elizabeth Response-
Ummm.... If you are going to cry about it then I might need to re-think the invite

Stephanie Response-
I MEANT smiling! :D

Elizabeth Response-
RUDE

Stephanie Response-
UGLY

Elizabeth Response-
Elephants


Stephanie Response-
Pumpkins


Elizabeth Response-
Flying Post cards

Stephanie Response-
Cabbage rose

Elizabeth Response-
Smelly errings

Stephanie Response-
ireland

Elizabeth Response-
American lions. I am so glad we understand each other.

Stephanie Response-
that's what enemies are for!!

Elizabeth Response-
True Stories

Stephanie Response-
holla back

Elizabeth Response-
Of course



Truths of the Day:
  • If you plant an apple seed, it is almost guaranteed to grow a tree of a different type of apple
  • In the United States, turkeys are mostly raised in California
  • The world's tallest grass, which has sometimes grown 130 feet or more, is bamboo

1 comment: