background

4.15.2012

Weekend Love

This weekend has been such a blur. 


Saturday totally felt like a Monday. 


Sunday feels like Thursday.


Not sure if these are good or bad things, what I really think it means is that the rest of this semester is going to run together. My mind is ready for a summer break. 



Yesterday I had my first experience giving actual tours of a residence hall. I wasn’t too sure how it would go because before when prospective students and their parents come, the parent seem to ask ridiculous questions or have the horrible attitude. Needless to say I was expecting the worst, but it went fairly well. I only had a few parents ask me some questions that I wasn’t too sure how to answer, because as much I want to be sarcastic, I have to act professional and pretend like it is a totally normal question. 


Few examples:
  1. Do we have to bring our own mattress? (This dad didn’t believe me when I told him ‘no’ so he asked three other RA’s an then proceeded to the housing office to ask them)
  2. Is cable an extra cost? (This question is not at all strange but when I told them mom that it was included in the housing cost and that it wasn’t an extra charge her response was “well at NC state and other schools we have visited it cost extra for cable” I told her that at UNCP we don’t do that and she still didn’t not understand)
  3. How do we activate the security systems in each room? (apparently this parent thought that each room had it’s own security system)
  4. How is a toaster an appliance with open coils? (I told them that they could have any appliance as long as it doesn’t have open coils. A dad asked me about a toaster and I said “no” He tried to tell me that I didn’t know what I was talking about because a toaster didn’t have open coils)

Overall it was interesting.


The rest of this day will be spent studying and cramming for tests and papers. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment